Chiang Mai Old City Food & Walking Tour
Eat your savory & sweet way through Chiang Mai Old City. Learn the neighborhood’s fascinating history & culture while hopping its key attractions on foot. Chiang Mai Old City was a center of the ancient Lanna Kingdom established over 700 years ago. The kingdom had developed elaborated culture over centuries, which is demonstrated via its delicious cuisine, sophisticated traditions, and intricate temple architecture. Joining our walking tour, you will learn and experience these aspects plus stories behind them in a fun and exciting way. By doing this tour early on your visit to Northern Thailand, you will feel more confident to enjoy the tastes and smells this region has to offer. Chiang Mai Old City Food & Walking Tour promises a good time and meaningful day. So, join us now!
- Tasty traditional Lanna dishes prepared by our hand-picked local chefs at small intimate restaurants and stalls. These are the locals' favorites
- Learning and visiting Chiang Mai Old City's most famous and main attractions in just half a day
- Insights into locals' way of life unaffected by tourism and foreigners' presence such as in the wet market we take you to
- A fun Rod Daeng (red public pick up truck with roof added) ride. Our tour guide will teach you how to flag it down and how to travel on one. This will be very useful for your holiday in Chiang Mai in case you want to travel by public transportation
- Learning crucial aspects of Buddhism, Thai national religion. You may have a chance to chat up and exchange culture with a friendly Buddhist monk
Is the tour for me?
Travel Style : Foodie
Duration : 10AM – 2PM
Availability : Everyday except Sunday
Group Size : 12 persons maximum (Join In)
Price1,050 THB for Adult | 850 THB for Child
Depart from Chiang Man Temple we where meet. Our first stop is at a local wet market where we experience local ways of life. We'll see ingredients and spices used for Northern Thai cooking and pick up Abb Moo (grilled pork in banana leaves) to take to Wat Chompoo where a replica of Doi Suthep's magnificent stupa is. Here we sightsee the temple, eat Abb Moo, and move onto a local restaurant serving delicious Lanna-style sausages. Then we take a Rod Daeng to the beautiful Wat Ratchamontian and to the Three King Monument. Here we will taste delicious local sweet and ice cream, visit the nearby Inthakhin and King Mang Rai Shrine. Next we have tasty Lanna dishes at a famous local's favorite restaurant. The last temple is Wat Chedi Luang Temple, the center of Lanna Kingdom's administration. We end the tour at Makka Hotel where we take refreshments and snacks. Our tour guide can tell you how to get back to your hotel or how to spend the rest of your day.
- 6 food tops with over 10 authentic dishes, drinks, and snacks. They are in sample portions but all together are enough for a big lunch
- Experienced, friendly and entertaining local guide
What's not included?
- Food and drinks which the tour guide doesn't provide and are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips for the guide and the boat driver
In front of Wat Chiang Man Temple
Every Smiling Tuk Tuk ™ tour has been designed with an emphasis on supporting and distributing incomes in local communities. This tour brings you to small-business eateries famous among Thais but rarely have foreign customers. So serving to you is another source of income they are very happy to have. Plus, your visit to their community shows to them that you love to learn about their culture and ways of life. You make them feel proud of and want to preserve what they own.