Damnoen Saduak & Don Wai Floating Markets near Bangkok with Private Driver
Duration : 1 day
Time : 7am - 5pm
Your trip to Bangkok cannot be completed without a floating market visit. This trip takes you to the two best floating markets near Bangkok, Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, and Don Wai Floating Market, and the market which an active train track cuts across, the Maeklong Railway Market. Enjoy a fun full day experience the colorful local ways of life often documented on post cards, take a row boat ride, shop for local souvenirs, and savor delicious Thai dishes!
MAEKLONG RAILWAY MARKET
Stay 30 mins
No entrance fee
The world famous market sits on an active train track, and has trains running through it several times a day. When a train comes, vendors row their awnings and items away from the track and resume their positions as soon as the train is gone – the activity that happens in less than 5 minutes! And you stand just inches away as the train slowly moves along. Apart from this activity, this Thai wet market sells the freshest seafood as the produce come straight from the nearby sea.
DAMNOEN SADUAK FLOATING MARKET
Stay 2 hrs 15 mins
No entrance fee
Damnoen Saduak is a world-famous floating market. Its bustling scene of row wooden boats loaded with tropical fruits, flowers, other fresh produce, and handicrafts is a timeless snapshot of the exotic Thailand. Here's your chance to sample delicious Thai dishes and shop for local souvenirs – bargain hard.
- Shop for souvenirs like wooden frog song maker, ceramics, Thai sun hats, etc.
- Take a 45-minute boat trip to visit coconut orchard and watch coconut sugar making. 300 THB for a row boat and 600 THB for a long-tail boat. The boats seat up to 8 persons
- Main dishes (for one person)
- Loong Aun Khao Moo Daeng's roasted pork rice or crispy pork rice(ลุงอ้วนข้าวหมูแดง)
- Loong Dong's pig organ roll-rice noodle soup (ก๋วยจั๊บลุงโด่ง)
- Snacks: grilled seafood, tropical fruits, pork or shrimp dumpling
DON WAI FLOATING MARKET
Stay 1 hr 15 mins
No entrance fee
Though it's called a floating market, there aren't boat vendors here like you see at Damnoen Saduak. Don Wai is a heaven for local foodies. The stalls are setup on the side of the canal and the platform is over the water. Dine at a riverside restaurant, check out the take-away popular Thai bakery and treats.
- Phae Suwanrat Restaurant (ร้านแพสุวรรณรัตน์)
- Appetizer: pork satay
- Main dishes (assortments): Chinese-herb steamed duck (เป็ดพะโล้), crispy pork leg (ขาหมูทอด), curry crab meat (ปูผัดผงกะหรี่)
- Pa Khai's toddy palm cake (ขนมตาลป้าไข่)
- Pang Phawn Don Wai's custard buns (ปังพอนด์ ดอนหวาย)
|7.00||Pick up at hotel|
|8.15||Arrive at Maeklong Railway Market|
|9.15||Leave Maeklong Railway Market|
|9.45||Arrive at Damnoen Saduak Floating Market|
What's included in the price?
Transportation : van and car
Driver (speaks Thai only)
How to book this trip
- Choose the type of vehicle you want
- Van (max 8 passengers)
- Car (max 4 passengers)
- Choose available adds-on
English speaking tour guide
Our driver speaks Thai only, if you want a smoother trip. you can hire a tour guide
Our e-booklet will provide all you need to know about each destination on this trip. What to do, see, eat, and prices. We have done a complete research for you! (coming soon)
Want to add or change
destination? Ask us now!