Historic Ayutthaya Food & Sightseeing Day Tour
The day tour is a quality time split between savoring several local delicacies, visiting off-tourist-radar temple ruins, and taking a river boat trip. UNESCO’s world heritage site since 1991, Ayutthaya was the capital of Siam (now Thailand) over 400 years ago and is a country’s famous ground for picturesque ancient temple ruins. Most of the ruins are concentrated in the Old City’s part which is surrounded and separated from the rest of the land by rivers, and hence is known among Thais as Ayutthaya Island.
As you explore this majestic ancient empire, and hear fascinating stories about the rise and fall of the kingdom, you can imagine its heyday. We’ll also cruise a part of the rivers surrounding the island to experience ways of life along the water, enjoy the rustic scenery, and see the awe-inspiring ruins from a far perspective. There will be plenty of food in between – delicious breakfast and lunch at locals’ favorite restaurants, plus local snacks and sweets, some of which you’ll see how to make. Our Historic Ayutthaya Food & Sightseeing Day Tour promises one full fun and meaningful day away from Bangkok.
- Fascinating history of Ayutthaya Kingdom in a nutshell, which will also allow you understand Thai present culture and practices
- Delicious dishes and desserts at local restaurants serving century-old recipes in an intimate atmosphere
- Yummy freshly caught grilled giant river-prawns and a peak into the kitchen to see how they are prepared
- Plenty of photo opportunities of photogenic ancient ruins
- Hand-on experience on the art of making traditional Thai sweets like Roti Saimai (Sweet Roti with Candy Floss)
- Boat ride on the Chao Phraya River to enjoy beautiful scenery of Ayutthaya's Old City
Is the tour for me?
Travel Style : Foodie
Duration : 8AM – 5.30PM
Availability : On request
Group Size : Private
|Number of hours||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 pax||7 pax||8 pax|
|Price per person||5,500||5,000||4,000||3,800||3,600||3,200||3,200|
Arrive at Ayutthaya and enjoy delicious chicken noodle as breakfast. After that, we will have a brief introduction to Ayutthaya Kingdom at the City Museum. We will visit Wat Yai Chaimongkol, an ancient royal monastery where Ayutthaya’s amazing history, culture, and beautiful reclining Buddha lies; and Wat Phananchoeng to see the Big Buddha image and a Chinese shrine. Then it's time to taste the yummy Roti Saimai and see how it's made, followed by a boat trip around Ayutthaya Island. We will arrive at Wat Chai Wattanaram, arguably the most remarkable temple in Ayutthaya, by boat. This is the last stop before we have lunch at a beautiful restaurant serving giant river-prawns with spicy seafood dip. The prawns are the size of your palm. You'll have an exclusive opportunity to take a kitchen tour to witness the cooking process. With the full tummy, we slowly make our way back to Bangkok and drop you off at your hotel.
- Over 10 delicious dishes, drinks, and dessert of sample portions but will keep you full for the whole day
- Pick up and drop off service from and to your accommodation
- Experienced and friendly fully-licensed local tour guide
- VIP van transportation and your personal driver
- All admission and activity fees as mentioned in the program
- Basic medical insurance
What's not included?
- Food and drinks which the tour guide doesn't provide and are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips for the guide and the boat driver
At your hotel
Every Smiling Tuk Tuk ™ tour has been designed with an emphasis on supporting and distributing incomes in local communities. This tour brings you to small-business eateries famous among Thais but rarely have foreign customers. So serving to you is another source of income they are very happy to have. Plus, your visit to their community shows to them that you love to learn about their culture and ways of life. You make them feel proud of and want to preserve what they own.