The Hidden Gem Laem Sak (1 Day)
Get off Krabi’s crowded and touristy beaches & islands, and join this unique Krabi tour to a quiet coastal village of Laem Sak. Despite the pristine nature, charming local culture, and its proximity to Krabi Town, Laem Sak has been Krabi’s best-hidden travel destination. Protected from the seasonal storms and big waves that rave the Andaman coastline, Laem Sak’s sea can be visited year-round. Explore its pre-historical sea cave paintings, beautiful stone karst islands, and peaceful floating fisherman villages by a long-tail boat. Wherever it suits, we take a kayak and paddle down zigzagging canals lined up with fertile and green mangrove forests. In this tour, you’ll also have a chance to replenish local nature by planting orchid saplings in a jungle – a fun activity for a good cause.
Laem Sak is a community where its residents of different ethnicities and 3 religious believes live together in harmony – there are not in many neighborhoods in Thailand where you can find a Buddhist temple, Chinese shrine, and a mosque near one another. If you have more time, take it easy and overnight in the village. A stroll in the village will expose you to charming and authentic local hospitality. A visit to Laem Sak will make a fun and meaningful holiday you’ll remember for a long time.
- Explore off-beaten-path beaches, islands, sea caves in beautiful sea dotted by towering stone karsts
- Authentic local travel experience while staying comfortably at Bulan Anda Baba Resort, a Peranakan-themed 4-star accommodation.
- Enjoy culinary delights prepared with fresh local ingredients such as Khao Yam (rice mixed with sliced fresh herbs), Khao Khlook Kapi (shrimp paste fried rice)
- Experience unique villagers' ways of life & the diversity in local culture and believes
- Fun and beautiful Rong Ngeng dance (available on request with an extra cost)
Is the tour for me?
Travel Style : Local Rides, Getaway
Duration : 9.00AM - 5.00PM
Availability : Everyday
Group Size : Private
|Number of hours||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 pax||7 pax||8 pax|
|Price per person||5,400||4,300||3,500||3,300||2,900||2,700||2,500|
Pick up from your hotel in Krabi Town at 8am and travel to Laem Sak. Arrive in Laem Sak at 9am. Then we board on a long-tail boat to explore Lam Sak's sea, visiting pre-historical sea cave paintings, beautiful stone karst islands, and enjoying the panoramic sea views. We arrive at Khao Chang Mob before lunch time to plant orchid saplings in the jungle, and have lunch at the nearby bamboo shack on a canal facing green mangrove forest. Our delicious lunch is the local delicacy Khao Khlook Kapi (shrimp paste fried rice). After lunch, we relax a bit, then kayak down canals meandering amidst mangrove to appreciate the peaceful nature and hear chirping birds. At 5pm, we take you back to your hotel in Krabi Town and bid goodbye.
- Pick up and drop off service from and to your accommodation in Krabi Town (Railway not included)
- All activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation at Bulan Anda Baba Resort
- Experienced and friendly fully-licensed local tour guide
- All activity fees as mentioned in the program
- Basic medical insurance
What's not included?
- Tips for the guide, boat driver, van driver
Every Smiling Tuk Tuk ™ tour has been designed with an emphasis on supporting and distributing incomes in local communities. The majority of Laem Sak's population is fishermen who make little income daily. So your visit turns into income that goes directly to supporting local families financially. Bulan Anda Baba Resort also operates as a social enterprise. A part of their income in deducted and allocated to the village's fund. The fund's profits are distributed among shareholders with 20% set apart for local sub-district fund which goes to building facilities the community needs.